AA NEWS
  • Welcome to Anabolic Architect Bodybuilding Community Forum
  • An online professional Anabolic Bodybuilding Community diet, training, and competition
  • Invite your friends - WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD MEN/WOMEN!!
HotLava808

Improving Chest Growth Through Contraction

HotLava808

Here are a few exercises that have helped me place the priority of chest contraction. I use lighter weight for these exercises.

1. Kneeling landmine barbell press- Overlap the hands pressing them together tightly. Squeeze that chest- I use as much effort as I can. I do this exercise standing also and change the angle by moving one foot back.

2. Cable fly-  Over rotate the hands inward and attempt to touch the elbows together by crossing the hands. Squeeze the chest hard. Alternate the crossover on each rep.

3. Barbell bench press- Weight is not important here so I leave my ego in my gym bag. Squeeze the bar, focus on keeping the elbow alignment at 90 degrees of the chest (point them at opposite walls), attempt to bend the barbell in half on every rep like a strongman bending a piece of rebar.

Here is an exercise I use to help strengthen the stabilizer muscles-

Kettle ball band barbell bench press- Get two kettle balls, run a band through the handle of each kettle, hang one kettle ball using the loops in the band on each end on the barbell. Do benchpress as normal. The instability that is created will have the barbell shaking and wobbling. The stabilizers are going to be working overtime compensating for the instability created by the bands and kettles.

Edited by HotLava808
  • Like 1

Markg518

Here are a few exercises that have helped me place the priority of chest contraction. I use lighter weight for these exercises.

1. Kneeling landmine barbell press- Overlap the hands pressing them together tightly. Squeeze that chest- I use as much effort as I can. I do this exercise standing also and change the angle by moving one foot back.

2. Cable fly-  Over rotate the hands inward and attempt to touch the elbows together by crossing the hands. Squeeze the chest hard. Alternate the crossover on each rep.

3. Barbell bench press- Weight is not important here so I leave my ego in my gym bag. Squeeze the bar, focus on keeping the elbow alignment at 90 degrees of the chest (point them at opposite walls), attempt to bend the barbell in half on every rep like a strongman bending a piece of rebar.

Here is an exercise I use to help strengthen the stabilizer muscles-

Kettle ball band barbell bench press- Get two kettle balls, run a band through the handle of each kettle, hang one kettle ball using the loops in the band on each end on the barbell. Do benchpress as normal. The instability that is created will have the barbell shaking and wobbling. The stabilizers are going to be working overtime compensating for the instability created by the bands and kettles.

Do everything mentioned but the kettlebell. Haven't tried that one yet but definitely will.
The cable crossover I like because you get that really tight contractions. I'll do a set under hand grip for upper then place one foot in front of the other and step forward to really get in it.
  • Like 1

PHARMACOM - Best Choice Best Price!
PSL (PURITY SOURCE LABS) - Your Go To Sponsor!
IFBB SUPPLIES - Unbeatable Price & Service!

PROVENPEPTIDES - 3rd Party Tested SARMS!
BLUERIDGEPHARMA - Faith, Integrity, Quality, Experience!
THEGROWTHCLINIC - Building Better Bodies!
IRONJUNKIESLAB - Professional-Quality-Fast-Guaranteed!
ASHOP.CLUB - Reliable Online Pharmaceutical Store!
ARL RUSSIA - Reliable Online Pharmaceutical Store!

SCIROXX - Evolution Through Science!
GORILLA FARM - The Farm Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES - Honest and reliable Service!

aa_logo_email.png

HotLava808

#3 blasts my chest. I am not a very aggressive individual but when doing #3 I allow myself to get a little angry. The wider my grip the more focus I am able to place on really trying to bend the bar.

• Like 1

Aton

I don’t do a lot of work on my chest as it has out grown other body parts.

I only hit it once a wk now. I do more upper and lower chest presses w cable flies as a finisher. Or a dumbbell fly to allow more stretch and peak contractions.

I like ur chest work though.

And yes keep the ego at home. Use moderate weight and work on complete peak contractions.
I often super set a set of bench and an incline or decline push up to pump it up and finish it off.

I’ve torn my left outer peck so I no longer go for more than 80% 1rm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

PHARMACOM - Best Choice Best Price!
PSL (PURITY SOURCE LABS) - Your Go To Sponsor!
IFBB SUPPLIES - Unbeatable Price & Service!

PROVENPEPTIDES - 3rd Party Tested SARMS!
BLUERIDGEPHARMA - Faith, Integrity, Quality, Experience!
THEGROWTHCLINIC - Building Better Bodies!
IRONJUNKIESLAB - Professional-Quality-Fast-Guaranteed!
ASHOP.CLUB - Reliable Online Pharmaceutical Store!
ARL RUSSIA - Reliable Online Pharmaceutical Store!

SCIROXX - Evolution Through Science!
GORILLA FARM - The Farm Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES - Honest and reliable Service!

aa_logo_email.png