AA NEWS UPDATE
  • BLACKROIDS: St. Patrick's March Sale: 30% off satan; 20% off Beligas and Odin - Buy over 250$ 1 Test P FREE; over 500$ 3 Test P FREE; over 1000$ 6 Test P FREE - Only Odin products.
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
Imtryin

To milk or not to milk?

Imtryin

So Brothers, I work 48 hours one week and 84 hours the other week back and forth. I try to eat about four times while at work, about every hours. I sometimes drink alot of milk everyday from 3/4 to a gallon a day. It really adds to my calories and increases my strength. 

I use 2% low fat milk. Thinking about going to 1% low fat this time. Whole milk increases my blood pressure too much. 

My question is how do you guys feel about drinking alit of milk and using it for bodybuilding. I've researched positive and negative opinions. Thanks 

• Like 2

ape1nope1

I grew up drinking lots of milk. A ton. I still like it too. But I believe dairy effects me poorly outside of its benefits. I’m no doctor, I’m no scientist. But I seem to have much greasier skin and acne when I’m drinkin a lot of milk. So i usually limit my milk to 1-2 cups a day.

I don’t get gastrointestinal issues from milk. I also think milk is a decent food staple when gaining weight. But for me personally, milk seems to throw a wrench in the gears.

So I am not anti milk, just don’t drink a whole lot personally.

• Like 1

ape1nope1

And I just read your work schedule...that’s tough. You beed to take calories where you can get them. I can’t imagine trying to cut with so much milk, but if you are achieving your goals and you are happy with how things are looking, no reason to stop.

• Like 1

Phill

I absolutely do not drink a "drink" intended for a child, or in this case, assuming it is cow's milk, intended for a calf.

drink water man, and if you need calories: eat!

• Like 1

You can't have my body, but I'll tell you where to find all my tools -> PuritySourceLabs.ru 

Aristo

Brother why not substitute milk with 2 scoops of protein?  Milk has been determine to have many allergies even though you cant see or feel,  but internally research has proven that milk can have certain sides that are not recommended.   We are the only known animals to drink milk into adulthood.   I honestly believe that in 20 years + dairy milk will become a thing of the past.   This is my opinion.   

Yes, protein comes from dairy, but you will get a lot more worth in protein out of two scoops.   And the name of the game is eating, and eating some more!  yes, eating clean, but protein is needed to grow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!
STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!

aa_logo_email.png

jshredz
On 1/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, Imtryin said:

So Brothers, I work 48 hours one week and 84 hours the other week back and forth. I try to eat about four times while at work, about every hours. I sometimes drink alot of milk everyday from 3/4 to a gallon a day. It really adds to my calories and increases my strength. 

I use 2% low fat milk. Thinking about going to 1% low fat this time. Whole milk increases my blood pressure too much. 

My question is how do you guys feel about drinking alit of milk and using it for bodybuilding. I've researched positive and negative opinions. Thanks 

I still enjoy drinking milk on occasion, but don't think drinking that much milk is a good idea.

For starters the ability for the body to process lactose decreases as we age. Like @Aristo said we are the only mammals that drink milk pass infancy. Another factor you have to consider is milk sugars. Milk sugars are extra calories and are notorious for spiking your insulin. 

IMO there are better ways to get protein. Eggs, meats, protein powders. 

• Like 3

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!

Anabolic Architect

Imtryin

Thanks brothers. Alot of great responses. I appreciate everyone of them. What I do is I have a big ol Bubba jug that I fill with milk and usually about 3 scoops of protein that I drink throughout the night. I'm trying to get calories anyway I can. I work in industrial maintenance so sometimes I can't just sit down and eat a meal at my leisure. Matters how the mill runs. Lol

• Like 2

GearProRep

I don't understand the hate that milk gets. Milk and eggs are literally the 2 most anabolic foods you can put into your body. Unless you have a serious allergy to it or are lactose intolerant, you should definitely be consuming milk. How much is a different conversation, and personally I recommend whole milk over the watery, milk-like substances that have % signs in front of them. add a couple scoops of whey powder and a couple whole eggs cracked into it, and it's almost as good as a milk shake. 

Just in case anyone is questioning my motivations, let me clarify that I don't have a dog in this fight. I've been lactose intolerant for the last 20 years, and have to avoid dairy products like the plague. But, I also go where the science takes me, and the science says pretty definitively that dairy product are safe, and basically the next best thing to AAS for building quality muscle. I really wish I could drink milk. Grew up drinking tons of it and eating cheese like cows were going extinct. My body just hates me now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Imtryin

From what I've researched, real raw milk is the best. I'm drinking milk from the grocery store, so it's been pasteurized. I haven't been able to find raw milk anywhere yet. There seems to be a big difference in the muscle building qualities. I see Fairlife milk also. People say it's better for you. It is ultra filtered and doesn't have all the sugars in it.

• Like 2

Aristo

Everyone has their own opinion.  Milk has more allergies than most think.   Again not all will show signs, but research and science has proven this.  I don't want to get into the specifics, as I believe that everyone has the right to do as they please.   

I resepct GearPro's assessment.   Does not mean I agree with it.   But whatever works for you. 

• Like 2

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png

Aton

I have grams up using powdered milk to add protein to build size. I can’t say I use a ton of it but when I want to add calories and some fat I use milk or heavy whipping cream. Not out of a can Like you put on your pie all whipped up w sugar added but in the carton.

ill add an once or so to a protein drink, Water what ever to add cals.

would I do this yr round no, I’d prefer to get my fat and cals from better sources.

• Like 2

aa_logo_email.png

Aton

But in ur case of having to work and eat or drink at the same time I’ve done this and protein bars or a mrp bar. The big metrx bar are good in a pinch. 

• Like 2

aa_logo_email.png

Wood

I use 2% in my protein shakes all the time 

• Like 2

Anabolic Architect

GearProRep
On 1/14/2021 at 8:28 AM, Aristo said:

Everyone has their own opinion.  Milk has more allergies than most think.   Again not all will show signs, but research and science has proven this.  I don't want to get into the specifics, as I believe that everyone has the right to do as they please.   

I resepct GearPro's assessment.   Does not mean I agree with it.   But whatever works for you. 

Just to be clear, I’m not telling anyone they are wrong. I’m always open to have my kind changed if sufficiently good scientific studies are presented. One thing I’ve noticed with almost all studies done about milk allergies, is they tend to be paid for by companies with a monetary interest in disparaging the dairy industry. Usually either some vegan lobbying group, or a company that sells dairy alternative milks. 
With that said, I follow the science, and if anyone has a link to a study about dairy that might give me a reason to reconsider my position I’m open to reading it. 

• Like 1

BIGVNYC

After reading this thread I am craving a cold glass of Milk 🐄.

I always limited my milk to 8oz a day just liked it with my protein shakes... 🥤

• Like 3

aa_logo_email.png