AA NEWS UPDATE
  • BLACKROIDS FEBRUARY BLOOD THIRSTY SALE - BELIGAS AND ODIN PHARMA 15% OFF
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
Heman713

Percentage of Fat When Bulking

Heman713

When bulking what percentage of fat range do you stay? And if you say clean bulk that's not answering my question. What percentage from experience lifters not no articles or science stuff..Thank you

jshredz

Under 15%, under 12% for a clean bulk.

I have a hard time clean bulking. It's hard to enough calories and big fatty meals take longer to digest, so that doesn't always work in my favor. I'm rarely over 10% BF.

Just an FYI I'm making a educated guess on percentages based on what I see in pictures or in the mirror. Unless you have access to a dexa scan, measuring the actual BF% will be challenging.

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!

Anabolic Architect

Aristo

@jshredz on dot...  I stay around 12%.  IT becomes to burdensome to drop for a show or just for the summer.    It is harder to maintain muscle mass the more BF you have to drop.   I regularly took T-3 when bulking...  I can get up to 6k-8k calories a day - but usually a clean bulk with one massive cheat day every Friday... (PLEASE CONSIDER - What you weigh and how much do you need to eat to maintain or increase muscle mass- I constantly hear this "pro's eat 15k calories a day - that the kind of bulk I want to do" - DON'T)  My massive cheats  would be Pizza, ice cream,  and other goodies.  It made me feel wonderful - love the bad foods, but also felt replenished and full after the cheat.   The rest of the week I was eating clean but heavy.   This was more back in the day when I was competing heavily.   At 56 I keep clean as much as I can, so all variables in the greater formula become more important as we age.   As @jshredz use a mirror to help you determine how to to find that middle ground.    

Something I have preached and seen many athletes I have trained do well on  - not to mention a few pro's.   I started 25mcg of T-3 and let's say 3k calories.   After a week increased my calories by 500 most coming from protein, followed by carbs and fats.  I also increase T-3 to 50mcg.   Did the same a week after..  always allowing the body to compensate for the amount of calories increased.   I hear many saying I am jumping into a 7k calories a day cause I read it on a forum - big mistake.  Get ready to get fat!!

I increased the calories till I was at 6-7k sometime even 8+.  The T-3 did not exceed 100mcg daily.  

I saw the best growth in me and others using this system.   But, you have to be committed to following the plan.   I always hate when I hear "I am doing a bulk for 12 weeks and then jumping into a cut."  What a waste of time, money, and hard work in the gym.  This is one of the reasons most plateau and believe that mega dosing is the solution.   WRONG!! it's all in the commitment to your diet.   A few here know who I am, and have seen where I keep my body at 56...   only thing this old grasshopper can truly share with you is learn to eat.  

😉

Aristo

• Like 1

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!
STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!

aa_logo_email.png

jshredz

@Aristo is right on the money. A true clean bulk can take months not 12 weeks! For "most" advanced athletes a successful off-season will yield single digits lean muscle tissue gains. Most who gain excessive body weight in the off-season failed to keep any true stage weight.

Slowly increasing those calories is key and it takes commitment. 

Also good to know that increasing calories doesn't always happen in a straight line. Might have to back off for a week or 2 so you can continue to eat those higher calories.

Edited by jshredz
  • Like 1

Anabolic Architect

Jason K

So much learning with being new to all of this I can say keeping a steady calorie intake when already at a high % of fat and following what’s been said I have seen a decrease of overall fat % no muscle loss and slight gains but also a good amount of weight cut in a short amount of time , I’m still cutting and will continue as I move forward and Always looks for ways to build lean muscle mass , it’s crazy hard to decrease fat % , I think about it every time I see pizza ice cream or other snacking foods , how much effort it will take to get off that short enjoyment at the moment 

• Like 1

Aristo

Keeping committed is the hardest of all.   Honestly, it is what separates those who will see amazing changes to those who see little changes.   Keep at it and all will fall into place.

aa_logo_email.png

Jason K

Yes sir staying on point is for sure the hardest battle , but hard work will pay off in time 💪🏼

Aton

I don’t know how anyone can go straight into a cut or straight into a bulk. It takes me at least a month to gradually go in either direction. By that time I have gone 1000 cals plus or minus. 

if ur dropping weight and loosing more than 2 lbs a week u have restricted your calories too quickly and will be loosing size as well. I’m sure there are freaks out there that can be the exception but not the norm for sure.

• Like 1

aa_logo_email.png

GearProRep
On 10/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, Aristo said:

@jshredz on dot...  I stay around 12%.  IT becomes to burdensome to drop for a show or just for the summer.    It is harder to maintain muscle mass the more BF you have to drop.   I regularly took T-3 when bulking...  I can get up to 6k-8k calories a day - but usually a clean bulk with one massive cheat day every Friday... (PLEASE CONSIDER - What you weigh and how much do you need to eat to maintain or increase muscle mass- I constantly hear this "pro's eat 15k calories a day - that the kind of bulk I want to do" - DON'T)  My massive cheats  would be Pizza, ice cream,  and other goodies.  It made me feel wonderful - love the bad foods, but also felt replenished and full after the cheat.   The rest of the week I was eating clean but heavy.   This was more back in the day when I was competing heavily.   At 56 I keep clean as much as I can, so all variables in the greater formula become more important as we age.   As @jshredz use a mirror to help you determine how to to find that middle ground.    

Something I have preached and seen many athletes I have trained do well on  - not to mention a few pro's.   I started 25mcg of T-3 and let's say 3k calories.   After a week increased my calories by 500 most coming from protein, followed by carbs and fats.  I also increase T-3 to 50mcg.   Did the same a week after..  always allowing the body to compensate for the amount of calories increased.   I hear many saying I am jumping into a 7k calories a day cause I read it on a forum - big mistake.  Get ready to get fat!!

I increased the calories till I was at 6-7k sometime even 8+.  The T-3 did not exceed 100mcg daily.  

I saw the best growth in me and others using this system.   But, you have to be committed to following the plan.   I always hate when I hear "I am doing a bulk for 12 weeks and then jumping into a cut."  What a waste of time, money, and hard work in the gym.  This is one of the reasons most plateau and believe that mega dosing is the solution.   WRONG!! it's all in the commitment to your diet.   A few here know who I am, and have seen where I keep my body at 56...   only thing this old grasshopper can truly share with you is learn to eat.  

😉

Aristo

I’ve not really seen anyone advocate using t3 during a bulk before. Very interesting. Is that just to keep fat gain at a minimum? How do you mitigate the catabolic tendencies of t3 while still putting on as much lean muscle mass as possible? It seems to me that there would be competing physiological pathways at work here, but I’m probably missing something important. If you have any more in-depth info or have the time to explain it more thoroughly, I’d love to learn more about this protocol. 

Aristo

I argue it could be beneficial to add T-3 to a bulking cycle in moderate doses due to it's ability to increase protein turnover rate and increase nutrition partitioning.   I can get to 8k calories a day staying lean and increasing muscle mass.    It helps keep me lean - muscle definition really stands out while eating big and using T-3  

Many bodybuilders wanting to lose weight take Cytomel to speed up the metabolism so that fat burning becomes faster, easier and more efficient.  The metabolic rate rises as thermogenesis takes place.  This causes fats, proteins and carbs to be converted into energy faster. 

In high does, T3 will help accelerate muscle gain but without fat,  as long as it's couple with a decent number of anabolic representatives.   Actually, T3 increases the amount of available energy, and practically motivates the user to exercise.   T3 is among the most misunderstood drugs in not only bodybuilding, but in the health care community - many doctors prescribed it wrong. 

I don't condone the usage of T-3 without first getting a blood test.   Also, it should be used smartly and never for prolong periods of time.  Eating light will not give you the results and will end up  with person losing muscle mass instead of gaining.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

aa_logo_email.png

Aton

A friend that competes and has been an ifbb pro will use t3 through out the year. 

he doesn’t Necessarily use during a bulk but his timing of use does fall into that time frame from time to time. He does say he is able to stay pretty lean and continue to gain size while bulking and using t3. 
again he doesn’t put the 2 together for that sole reason but it does help him stay very lean through out the year. That helps when he needs to knuckle down and get back into the 3-5% range to get back on stage. 

this guy took 9 months off from lifting but kept very lean 6-8% the whole time. 
He did lose about 10 lbs but what a freak to stay that Lean only by keeping up w his eating plan. And some t3. Yes he did not drop the gear. He kept a moderate stack going the whole time. 

• Like 1

aa_logo_email.png