AA NEWS UPDATE
  • GET IN SHAPE FOR SUMMER - 50% OFF ENTIRE SHOP ON BLACKROIDS
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
Heman713

How much protein?

Heman713

Okay what's your protein intake on cycle? ...So many articles where 1 always contradicts another....1 lb per body weight..1lb per lean body mass...2 lbs per body weight..what is the answer?     I personally do 1.8(1lb 1/2 ) per lean body mass...

ape1nope1

I don’t think there’s a right answer. For me, I go for a minimum 1 for 1. 2 to 1 is too much. For me anyway.

Aristo

Protein is key - 2 for 1 is what I used when I competed.   Especially on a cycle.  Yet its a bit harsh on the kidneys. Body may have trouble eliminating all the waste products of protein  metabolism.   Anyone with kidneys problems should stay at the lower range.    Much lower!!  

IF gaining muscle is of importance protein is key.   I would follow up every meal with a scoop of protein just to keep it near the 500 grams a day range. 

Yet, for most who are not competitive bodybuilders keeping it at 1 gram per pound of body weight is good enough. 

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!
STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!
MYROIDSHOP: High Quality & Discreet Shipping!

aa_logo_email.png

jshredz
6 hours ago, Heman713 said:

Okay what's your protein intake on cycle? ...So many articles where 1 always contradicts another....1 lb per body weight..1lb per lean body mass...2 lbs per body weight..what is the answer?     I personally do 1.8(1lb 1/2 ) per lean body mass...

If your looking to put on serious mass you should be taking between 1.5-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.

So you can work your way up to 2 grams/lb per day provided everything is in healthy order..

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

Anabolic Architect

Squatster

At my best I was doing 80 grams pr meal every 2 hours. 7 meals most of the days. I was eating clean - no junk at all- gained each week and was getting lean as all hell.

I started it after one of my New Jersey wins- went from 45 grams every 2 hours and just upped it over the next few weeks to see what would happen. It was amazing. One day - I did the worst thing in my life - I just stopped - went from the 7 meals pr day to breakfast and a night .meal. stupid- I will always kick my self in the ass for that

GearProRep

It depends on how high your body fat is, what your goals are, and what he rest of your diet looks like. 

If you're extra fluffy and looking to cut a lot of fat, I would go with 1 gram per labor LEAN body mass. Taking into account all the extra fat mass just mean you're taking in a lot more calories than you need to be. 

If you're lean (<10%) and looking to bulk, go with +-1.5 grams per lb of total body mass. 

If you're lean(ish) and cutting to get into stage shape, photo shoot shape, or any other situation where you need to be super lean and impressive, go with 2 grams per lb of body mass. This is mainly because when someone is cutting down for a specific event in mind, they usually do so aggressively and have a hard deadline to meet. This means cutting lots of calories, and most times still using a lot of gear on top of it to prevent losing too much muscle. This necessitates eating a lot more protein, while cutting out carbs and cutting down on fats.

Everything I just said is based on a lot of assumptions, and may or may not hold true for your situation. And even all those above numbers are changeable based on other factors. There is no one diet that works for everyone, and no one right amount of protein for every situation. There are too many moving parts to just throw out a number and say that's the right amount. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Squatster

GEAR PRO- I really like how you put this

Well said

• Thanks 1

Aristo

@GearProRep -  makes a good point.   IT takes experimenting to find that magic number.   A number that applies not only to protein, gear, carbs and fats -  but to many other factors that help  promote muscle growth without hindering.  WE call this  homeostasis.  This applies in the gym as well.   I do better on higher reps.   I have competed at all levels and the most important lesson taught was "time".   Time will teach you what is good for you - many follow what is good for others.  That does not work all the time.  Some people do good on specific cycles, others don't.   Find what is good for you and only you.  Start with moderation and move up till you find what truly works best for you.    And, that changes with age.  You will have to reevaluate continuously.     Remember experiment with your diet ..  see how 1, 1.5, 2 Grams work for you.  I have never done mega doses of gear, but have gotten on stage at 245 pounds.  Yet, the 2 - 2.5 grams of protein did wonders for me.  IT was lower gear and eat like a monster.   As to gear I kept it simple.   Test and Deca..  winny for final cut.   We have so many designer steroids that confuse so many when so many are preaching how this one or that one did so well for them.   My thoughts. 

😉

• Like 2

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png

Squatster

My go to gear was always test and EQ for bulk and cut- deca ran havoc with mt system

GearProRep

I don’t wanna get too far down the rabbit hole, but the TYPE of protein you take in might actually matter more than the amount you take in. Reading about bioavailability of different types of protein can be a tedious task, but it’s eye opening. All protein is not equal, even among animals.