AA NEWS UPDATE
  • COME ENJOY -50% ENTIRE SHOP ON BLACKROIDS – YOU HAVE 72 HOURS START 1st MAY UNTIL 3rd MAY 2021
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
Juggaknott

Waist Trainers

Juggaknott

Does anyone know why so many guys in the gym are wearing waist trainers ? Is this supposed to help keeping the waist smaller ? I thought it was all diet ?

jshredz
2 hours ago, Juggaknott said:

Does anyone know why so many guys in the gym are wearing waist trainers ? Is this supposed to help keeping the waist smaller ? I thought it was all diet ?

This is useful when you compete and you want to keep your waist small.

You stomach/waist expands from daily eating and activities. 

Diet and training will shed the fat,.NOT the waist trainer. The waist trainer is a cosmetic/temporary aid to keep the waist smaller, nothing to do with fat loss.

It's an old concept that's been around for ages. Some will go to extremes and wear a cast on their waist. Lol

• Like 1

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

Anabolic Architect

Juggaknott

Yes i was wondering , I see more and more guys wearing them . Thanks bro 

GearProRep

If you’re already lean and have visible abs, they can help. A little bit. The circumferential restriction can help to shorten the transverse abdominal muscle and the various oblique muscles that contribute to the circumference of your waist. It’s the same as when women wear corsets for long periods; it eventually reshapes their body of worn consistently enough and for a long enough period of time. 
It can also be overdone. Wearing a waist trainer at all times and neglecting to train the abdominal muscles can potentially cause abdominal atrophy and a weak core, which can lead to dependence on waist trainers for general stability. 
If you’re thick around the waist cuz you have too high a body fat percentage, it’s not going to do anything for you. 

• Like 2

Juggaknott

@GearProRep yes bro a  couple people i saw that were wearing them were about 50lbs overweight  

• Like 1

Torres

I just bought one, and by no means am I overweight, but I think it will help keep my waist tight and help in getting my Abs a little on the sharper side !!!

I have only worn it for about 4 days since thats when I hit the gym, 4 times a week, and it does seem to get my waist tight. But still too soon to call it.

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

Anabolic Architect

Juggaknott

@Torres yes brother i have heard it helps ! 

Aristo

I am iffy about these waist trainers.   It has to be worn for long periods of time and as all, it grows old and then finds its place in the corner of your closest.  Just my opinion.   Working out abs a full workout where you are hitting all muscles you will have no need for a waist trainer.   Now, for the million dollar question.  How many here get at least 3 days of a full ab workout a week?  Honestly - aside from legs, abs is the least workout muscle group.   Why these companies come up with these concepts - for those who don't do ab work.  Yet, they don't tell you that in order to see changes they have to be worn most of the day - everyday.   It was a fad about 15 years ago and it has come back.   IT's okay if anyone wants to disagree, but I have seen them used and truly believe it's a waste of money. 

• Like 3

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png

Torres

I understand what you are saying @Aristo.

I try to hit Abs a few times a week, and when I do train Abs it is to failure.

I figure where the waist trainer for the full hour I’m in the gym, train Abs with it on at the end of my session and just see if it helps.

• Like 1

Anabolic Architect

jshredz
15 hours ago, Torres said:

I understand what you are saying @Aristo.

I try to hit Abs a few times a week, and when I do train Abs it is to failure.

I figure where the waist trainer for the full hour I’m in the gym, train Abs with it on at the end of my session and just see if it helps.

@Torres what are you trying to attain with the waist trainer?

They are mainly for a temporary cosmetic look only. They don't help with fat loss.

• Like 1

Anabolic Architect

Torres

Well @jshredz, I want to help my waist stay tight. I can see my abs , some, but I’ve seen how I can just let them relax to the point that I don’t keep them tight anymore. Maybe this will help me keep them pulled in alittle more.

I do see my abs getting more defined, so maybe it’s working .

• Like 1

Anabolic Architect

GearProRep

Waist trainers can only help to shrink the circumference of your waist. They have no effect on fat loss. If you’re looking leaner, it’s because you’re dieting and training properly, not because of the waist trainer. Good on ya. 
Personally, I would use it the opposite way. Wear it for several hours a day while outside of the gym. Then take it off when training and focus on training your abs intensely. Especially on non-abdominal exercises, make sure you’re focusing on keeping your core tight. 
Good luck and keep us updated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torres

@GearProRep Will do brother !!!

• Like 2

Anabolic Architect

Torres

I have to say and update this Thread, my Waist Trainer has helped me control my waist so much. No more just letting it loose and Dad Bod it’s way whenever it wants, without thinking , I’m constantly keeping my abs tight, keeping them controlled. I’ve been doing more core work and it’s slowly showing more and definition, which is what I’m going for .

So far so good !!!

• Like 5

Anabolic Architect

Aristo

Great to hear!  Maybe one day I will stop being a cynic a give it a try.   This way I won't have a biassed answer.  I thought they are a waste of time.  

• Like 2

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png