AA NEWS UPDATE
  • BLACKROIDS APRIL SALE >> DEUS MEDICAL: BUY 2 GET ONE FREE PRODUCT - ALPHAZONE: BUY 3 GET ONE FREE PRODUCT
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
Aton

Kidney function

Aton

So I’ve been thinking lately about so many bodybuilders dying from complications of or directly from kidney failure. 

there are plenty of theories out there as to why but none know exactly why this is happening. 

i think we all know steroid use puts a strain on kidney and liver functions. Some more than others. 
some of us have hereditary traits that don’t help the resilience of our kidneys. But most go through life with out a glitch.

I believe orals are the biggest culprit then I think stronger gear like tren and massive doses comes in second. 

I think  another underlining factor to think about is the heavy metals that may be in our raw hormone from manufacturing in China  

They just don’t have the restrictions and regulations to watch over their processes that other countries have.

when we talk about the liver we all know it has some resilience and we are able to help manipulate the function or health of our liver when using gear. 

what I don’t think many realize is that our kidneys don’t have the same ability. 
what we can do is help filtration by consuming more water. But if blood flow is damaged or decreased to them they begin to fail. 
what signs show up when this begins to happen. High blood pressure, lethargy, Edema first at feet ankles and legs.

i have looked into anything that can help increase blood flow and supply to the kidneys and there is not much out there that is significant enough to note or has been well tested and documented. 

there are 2 items used by Chinese for centuries that got my interest and had documented testing specifically to improve kidney function in patients with ckd 

one was cordycepts and the other is astragalus 
I focused on these 2 supplements because the evidence concluded a 30-40% increase in kidney function in individuals that had chronic kidney failure and in those who needed and were being treated by routine dialysis. These individuals saw kidney functions return in ranges of 70-90%. 

What I found has prompted me to supplement with each to at least help safe guard my kidneys. 

I have just begun to use them and thought I’d bring up this question to all of you. 

So have you thought much about this side of your health and what have you used? Why? 
and does it have solid research and testing to back up its use?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

aa_logo_email.png

BIGVNYC

If those raws are being produced by underground labs in foreign countries you bet your bottom dollar there is heavy metals in them. Heavy metals are straight up poisen to many parts of human body.... 

Edited by BIGVNYC
Spell check
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

aa_logo_email.png

pitshack

It's funny you should mention kidney health Aton. I had labs done about 2 months ago and the doc said my GFR wasn't as good as it could be. I was shocked!! I had always thought that gear just affected the liver primarily. Take a liver supp, cycle your orals and you're good to go and all that. I had never once even though of kidney function. I do have high blood pressure and that can affect the kidneys but I can't help but wonder if it's from the gear. The doc said increase to increase water intake and I should be fine. I think you give very sound advice in that we should all probably be drinking more water, especially if going heavy on the gear. I will keep the astragalus and cordycepts in mind for the future. I'm a nurse and I've seen what happens to people when their kidneys take a shit and it aint pretty!

• Thanks 2

Aton
12 minutes ago, pitshack said:

It's funny you should mention kidney health Aton. I had labs done about 2 months ago and the doc said my GFR wasn't as good as it could be. I was shocked!! I had always thought that gear just affected the liver primarily. Take a liver supp, cycle your orals and you're good to go and all that. I had never once even though of kidney function. I do have high blood pressure and that can affect the kidneys but I can't help but wonder if it's from the gear. The doc said increase to increase water intake and I should be fine. I think you give very sound advice in that we should all probably be drinking more water, especially if going heavy on the gear. I will keep the astragalus and cordycepts in mind for the future. I'm a nurse and I've seen what happens to people when their kidneys take a shit and it aint pretty!

I will probably cycle these 2 on and off. Through out the yr. when I get future blood work I will ficus in time see if they help enough to see a difference. 

I can’t see why not to use them. 

• Like 2

aa_logo_email.png

Aristo

@Aton this should be a serious topic for all that use hormones.   I agree 100% with your assessment that using orals and some of the injectables (Tren)  will cause the kidneys to overwork.   I have been preaching this for a long time.   I see some of the cycles go up on different forums, but when you have seen them for over 10 years,  you will begin to see a pattern of regurgitation and usage.  One of the reasons for the creation of AA.   People who are of the same feather - hopefully flock together.  

I have been preaching the KISS method for a very long time.  Keep-it-simple-stupid.   Many have already seen my relentless posts on this matter.   Unless you see yourself on an OLYMPIA stage, making some kind of money or any other means that being 250+ adds to your yearly income (I don't mean a few $$'s), ITS NOT WORTH IT.   

Keeping your cycles simple with TEST and DECA is all you need.   How many here have seen those ridiculous cycles with before and after pics that has you wondering "WHY?".   WHY knowingly harm your body for end results that can be attain with much lower doses .. with less harmful side effects.   We all have seen insane cycles that I honestly believe are causing so much harm on the body that your true growth is greatly hindered.   

I have a very good friend on this forum who found himself in some trouble with his health.   After discontinuing  orals and other designer hormones, he has vastly improved.  He mentioned that he just "feels good"  - something he has had problems for years.   

Again, WHY????  knowingly harm yourself???  It's like someone  telling you to take arsenic two times a week and increasing the doses as you go along.  Then add more poisonous cocktails cause you will look good..  

Body Dismorphic Disorder is a culprit that has been extenuated by the Nutrition Industry. So many people are caught in the hype and their need to look better allows phsycological weakness that will have you doing whatever it takes to look better.   Sometimes doing it natural will advance better results than using hormones.   How many have been without the use of hormones after years of abusing...  those numbers are small.  It s that weakness that creates this need or addiction that if you come off you will drastically look worse. 

Steroids are not the only culprit in Renal failure - most OTC supplements are being shipped in from China  - because they are not regulated by the FDA,  you would not have a clue to what is in the binder and active itself.    YES, from China in drums..  so, when we concern ourselves with what may be in the hormones, don't forget to give all those supplements some thought.   Some are destroying people's nervous system and hardening of heart valves.   I have walked into a gym where everyone is using  a scoop of something or another just cause - CAUSE WHAT?   IF you need motivation or some "get your ass moving"  concoction then JUST go home.   Eating and sleeping properly,  eating an apple before a workout, will do wonders.   Yet, walk into a gym and everyone is talking about the new pre-workout and how amazing it is.  It's the old addage "My Doctor is the best - My lawyer is the best."   Why does it always have to be like this.   Why does your pre-workout have to be the best. 

In the era of social media, people are increasingly exposed to diet and fitness advertisements. That amazing need to look like that specific person.  Personal trainers and top models provide tips on how to lose weight, most of the time selling magical packages of workouts, diets that in their opinion - changes your body shape within a few weeks.  

We accept that obesity on the one hand its consequential with hypertension,  cardiovascular diseases.  Although their are apparently two contradictory aspects of our era, they both may lead to serious consequences and trigger the risk  of developing kidney disease. 

Rapid weight-loss diets, which is increasingly popular among the young generations, are usually based on a high-protein intake and a very limited amount of carbohydrates. Although there is some evidence that these diets lead to a rapid weight loss, it is still unclear whether these results are sustainable in the longer-term. In other words: you may gain weight – when you end your diet – as fast as you lost it. Besides, some studies suggest that high-protein intake may lead to long-term side effects, affecting your kidneys. [1]

Although high-protein diets have not been studied extensively, a research on rats has shown that an increased amount of protein in their diets seems to affect the blood flow within their kidneys, leading to renal damage over time. [2] In humans, it is still unclear whether these diets can cause kidney disease in a healthy person. Yet, physicians and researchers seem to confirm that CKD patients should avoid high-protein diets. When you ingest protein, your body produces protein waste. Healthy kidneys have millions of nephrons that can filter this waste and remove it from your body through urine. If your kidneys are not healthy, this ability reduces and protein waste builds up in your blood. The excess of protein waste can cause nausea, weakness, anorexia and taste changes. [3]

Furthermore, it bears reminding that kidney diseases are often silent killers and have no symptoms at early stages. You may be suffering from a form of kidney disease without being aware of it, accelerating the unset of your illness by undertaking an unbalanced diet.[4] Indeed, persons with high risk of kidney disease or those with only one kidney should avoid high protein diet, and patients with more severe kidney disease should maintain a low protein diet.[5]

Finally, I agree that we have no idea what harsh chemicals are being mixed with the active itself.   Yet, one of the biggest problems with bodybuilders  is high protein.  A high protein diet may cause long term harm on your kidneys because your body may have trouble eliminating all the waste products of protein metabolism.   I have known many professional bodybuilders get to the 700 a day range.   Your kidneys cannot take this punishment for prolong periods of time.   

In closing if you need to lose weight, I advise you to consult a dietitian. Although you might be losing weight slower, the results are likely to be permanent and, in the long run, give you more satisfactions on all levels. However, if you still wish to opt for a high-protein diet, make sure to first check your kidney function. This can be done by measuring your blood creatinine (to estimate how much blood is being filtered by the kidneys) and by a urine sample (to check whether there is protein in the urine).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Can High-protein Diets Damage Your Kidneys?Bruce Lee – https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/11/04/can-high-protein-diets-damage-your-kidneys/#4d8ad26c732c

[2] Can High-protein Diets Damage Your Kidneys? Bruce Lee – https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/11/04/can-high-protein-diets-damage-your-kidneys/#4d8ad26c732c

[3]Dietary Protein and Chronic Kidney Disease Ckd; https://www.davita.com/diet-nutrition/articles/basics/dietary-protein-and-chronic-kidney-disease

[4] High-protein Diets: Potential Effects on the Kidney in Renal Health and Disease https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0272638604012533#!

[5] Kalantar-Zadeh, K., & Fouque, D. (2017). Nutritional Management of Chronic Kidney Disease. New England Journal of Medicine, 377(18), 1765–1776. https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmra1700312

ARISTO 

• Like 4

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png

HotLava808

Here is some information concerning Glutathione and kidney function. If you are going to choose to add glutathione to your regimen I highly recommend liposome delivery for superior bioavailabliliy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15845422/

https://academic.oup.com/ndt/article/19/8/1951/1918231

DETOX-HEAVY METALS

https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/blog/glutathione-system-key-optimal-detoxification

“When substances such as glutathione, lipoic acid, and vitamin C are delivered in liposomes, detoxification is enhanced even further.15Liposomes are microscopic spheres made of phospholipids that encapsulate therapeutic compounds, such as glutathione, in order to bypass the digestive processes that can degrade the substance or limit its absorption. Liposomes can also cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of therapeutic compounds. Additionally, cell membranes are nourished by the phospholipids that compose the liposome. This ensures the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins. A functional membrane and transportation system is necessary for the transport of toxins and bile in hepatocytes, and similarly in the proximal tubules for elimination at the level of the kidneys.”

Edited by HotLava808
  • Like 2

“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it”

Aristo
9 hours ago, HotLava808 said:

Here is some information concerning Glutathione and kidney function. If you are going to choose to add glutathione to your regimen I highly recommend liposome delivery for superior bioavailabliliy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15845422/

https://academic.oup.com/ndt/article/19/8/1951/1918231

DETOX-HEAVY METALS

https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/blog/glutathione-system-key-optimal-detoxification

“When substances such as glutathione, lipoic acid, and vitamin C are delivered in liposomes, detoxification is enhanced even further.15Liposomes are microscopic spheres made of phospholipids that encapsulate therapeutic compounds, such as glutathione, in order to bypass the digestive processes that can degrade the substance or limit its absorption. Liposomes can also cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly and enhance lymphatic circulation of therapeutic compounds. Additionally, cell membranes are nourished by the phospholipids that compose the liposome. This ensures the proper function for the absorption of nutrients and the excretion of cellular waste products and toxins. A functional membrane and transportation system is necessary for the transport of toxins and bile in hepatocytes, and similarly in the proximal tubules for elimination at the level of the kidneys.”

Good Read

Aristo

The more you Sweat in peace, the less you Bleed in war!

aa_logo_email.png

Aton

Thanks @HotLava808

• Like 1

aa_logo_email.png

HotLava808
10 minutes ago, Aton said:

Thanks @HotLava808

You bet. I just want to reiterate the importance of liposomal delivery. Glutathione has very poor bioavailability but when you incapsulate it in liposomes it is almost 100% bioavailable and is delivered directly into the cells.

My daily vitamin, mineral and detox supps are all liposome delivery and I notice a huge difference. ?

Edited by HotLava808
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it”

Torres

There is a supplement called Kidney Stuff on Dave Palumbo's website that is supposed to help Kidney function and cleanse.

As I am not so well versed in it, i looked up the ingredients and from what I was able to find, the supplement looks promising.

has , or can some1 check it out and give their opinion on whether it is worth taking.

Or maybe some1 here has taken it with good success.

• Like 2

Anabolic Architect

GearProRep

I’ll be the nay-sayer here, and give an alternative take on the matter.

Kidney damage has very little, if anything, to do with heavy metals in our gear. There has been enough testing done over the last few years that shows virtually no detectable heavy metals in gear. 

The epidemic of kidney function issues with AAS users is due to elevated blood pressure. Chronic elevation in blood pressure has long been known to cause kidney damage. That much is settled medical science. This also explains why guys that abuse orals, both in quantity and time, tend to have more kidney issues. Orals have long been known to cause acute increases in blood pressure. The longer you have elevated BP, the greater your chances of kidney damage, and ultimately failure. AAS use also increases red blood cell count, which contributes to increased blood volume and higher blood pressure. This is why so many users go and donate blood regularly, to reduce blood volume and alleviate SOME, but not ALL, of their blood pressure issues. 

Anyone ever notice constant vascularity while on AAS, especially orals? That ain’t a pump, it’s high blood pressure. Anyone ever have more frequent headaches while on AAS? That’s not from over-training, it’s from high blood pressure. Anyone ever get nose-bleeds while on AAS? Once again, you guessed it, high blood pressure. 

Few, if any, AAS users monitor their blood pressure regularly like they should. I would venture a guess that the great majority of AAS users would easily qualify to be on blood pressure meds, and IMO probably should be on them.

I recommend all my clients and anyone else I deal with that uses to go to the Doc, and get their blood pressure checked. If they offer BP meds, take them. If it’s just a little high, and they don’t say anything, ask about BP meds. High blood pressure is called the “Silent Killer” for a good reason. 

Be safe, bros. 

• Like 1

Torres

Ordered Kidney Stuff From Dave Palumbo’s Website, and will give it a try. 
Im supposed to be taking bloods for my cholesterol, but I think I’ll wait another month, keep up with my cholesterol regimen and take the kidney Stuff and see how the bloods come out !!!

• Like 1

Anabolic Architect