AA NEWS UPDATE
  • BLACKROIDS APRIL SALE >> DEUS MEDICAL: BUY 2 GET ONE FREE PRODUCT - ALPHAZONE: BUY 3 GET ONE FREE PRODUCT
  • ADVERTISE ON AA FORUMS – ADS PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE IN STORE >>> CLICK HERE
zillagraybear

Do you need 6 meals a day?

zillagraybear

Increased meal frequency throughout the day won’t enhance your resting metabolic rate or total energy expenditure. Several studies concludes (review & meta-analysis) that the number of meals you eat makes no difference in terms of weight loss, body composition or fat-oxidation. If your goal is to lose weight and you’re comfortable with just eating 2-3 meals per day, keep doing that! We believe this choice should solely be based on personal preference and tolerance.

A 2013 study suggested that high meal frequency even could increase hunger and desire to eat.

As more research was needed in the field, @bradschoenfeldphd looked at the combined result of 15 studies in a so called meta-analysis. The studies compare 1 meal daily up to 9 meals daily. One study created the illusion that meal frequency mattered for fat loss, but when looking at the 14 other studies, it was clear that the number of meals you eat in a day DOESN'T matter for fat loss. It is the total amount of calories you end up eating which control your weight.

The analysis is not without limitations however and results are not based on studies on athletes or high protein meals. Hopefully more research will emerge on this topic in the future.

THE EVIDENCE:

1. Cameron JD et al. Increased meal frequency does not promote

greater weight loss in subjects who were prescribed an 8-week equi-energetic energy-restricted diet.

2. Stote KSet al. A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency

without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight,

middle-aged adults.

3. Ohkawara Ket al. Effects of increased meal frequency on fat

oxidation and perceived hunger. Obesity (Silver Spring).

4. Palmer MA et al. Association between eating frequency, weight, and

health

5. Schoenfeld. Effects of meal frequency on weight loss and body composition

• Like 3

BIGVNYC

We all are different so what works for you is best .....

STEROIDIFY: Best Choice & Price!  –  BLUE RIDGE PHARMA: Faith, Quality & Experience!  –  ASHOP: Reliable Pharma Store!
KAI'S ANCILLARIES: Honest & Reliable Service!  –  ENCHANTED LABS: Beyond the Supernatural!  –  BODY BUILDING POWER: Premium Quality & Shipping!
GEARPRO: High Quality & Fast Shipping!  –  KING LABS: US Domestic Supplier!  –  BLACKROIDS: Best AAS Products Online!
HUMANA LIFE GROUP: HQ Injectables & Orals!  –  PURITY SOURCE LABS: HQ Products & Fast Shipping!  –  CAXXIS: HQ & Lab Tested Products!

aa_logo_email.png

BRPHARMA1

This is why your my lead rep boss man thank u for helping me get threads up

zillagraybear

For the regular gym rat, they could stick with 3 basic meals with some snacks but when you beast need to get in 6000 cal a day, no way to get that in in just a few meals.

• Like 1

Mountain-Man

I have a meal about the size of my fist every 2-3 hrs tops works very well for me

• Like 1